Fietsenwinkel.nl, under the parent company International Bike Group (IBG), is the largest cycling retailer of the Netherlands. Over the past years IBG has grown and the relevance of data has increased enormously. Last year, IBG won the Dutch BI & Data Science award, because the jury was impressed with the fact that a young team is changing a traditional industry with intelligent use of data.
For September, we are searching for an intern Business Intelligence – Data Visualization. We have plenty of data just waiting to be applied to make our organization even more smart then it already is. Do you want to work in Amsterdam at a typical Dutch company with an inspirational spirit that is growing unbelievably fast? A company where people are super driven, open-minded and where you can feel the vibe of the Dutch “Gezelligheid” from the moment you walk in? And do you like to get more people on a bike? Join the Ride!
The BI department is a spider in the web, so you will work together with a lot of different departments within the organisation. As an intern you will support the business, you can work individually with data and you are well known of what you want to achieve. Within IBG we work with systems (software, databases, websites etc.) that need and/or provide information. The information from these systems should be visualized in different dashboards and exports. To do so, the data must be structured and checked in the “Extract, Transform and Load” (ETL) process. This is the focus of the Business Intelligence Specialist, with whom you will work with.
* Mapping out a new data model for one of our domains (e.g. Operations), in order to apply this to our new data platform;
* Creating KPI dashboards for one of our domains;
* You will learn the ins and outs of ETL processes and data analysis;
* Visualisation of the current platform as well as on the new data platform we are currently building.
What we ask from you:
* HBO/University student with an education in IT Management/Business IT/computer science or analytical background;
* Available for at least 5 months;
* Self-starter who takes initiative;
* Experience with Microsoft Office;
* You’re fluent in Dutch and English, both speaking and writing;
* Bonus skills (but in no way required)
- SQL experience
- Hands-on experience with front end visualisation tools (e.g. Tableau, Qlikview, Looker)
What do we offer:
* An inspiring working environment in an innovative and strong growing organization;
* This internship will give you the inspiration, knowledge, and confidence you need to build a strong and successful resume for every job you're looking for in the future;
* A market-based internship fee;
* Experience with QlikView, which annually ranks high in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Business Intelligence tools;
* A fun internship with weekly get-togethers and ping-pong tournaments at lunch!